Simply provide your property address and reason for valuation.
Ben Lansink is an experienced professional real estate appraiser and consultant. Assignments to assist in mortgage financing, power of sale, deemed dispositions, taxation/capital gains, asset freeze issues, expropriation, insurance matters such as fire destruction, family law, environmental issues, assessment appeals, First Nation issues, and litigation support have been completed over the years.
Ben Lansink also continues to complete assignments that involve value diminution. Injurious Affection (diminution in value to the remainder) can result when a portion of a property has been expropriated. Value diminution can also result from the location of a property — proximity to Airports, Hydro Corridors, Land Fill Sites, Wind Turbines, Roads and Road Works. Contaminated land and buildings including urea formaldehyde foam insulation can also result in value diminution.
Lansink Appraisals and Consulting is a division of Wellington Realty Group Incorporated, brokerage, Ben Lansink, Broker of Record. Wellington Realty Group Incorporated is not an active brokerage and does not list or sell real estate. It maintains Realtor® board memberships solely to obtain legal access to various real estate board MLS® willing buyer willing seller open market facts.
- airports; harbours; cemeteries; funeral homes;
- institutional buildings; hospitals; police stations; schools; and churches;
- office towers; industrial properties;
- apartment buildings; senior care facilities; single family residences;
- retail commercial properties; hotels; motels;
- mobile home/trailer parks; marinas; golf courses;
- farms and farm land; intensive farms (e.g. pork; dairy; chicken; mushroom)
- land; − ecologically sensitive; parks and conservation; aggregate resource; − commercial/industrial/residential land; − building lots – on water and not on water; − landfill sites; − First Nation reserve lands;
- rights-of-way; easements; market rent studies; rail corridors; pipelines; and
- other property types.
Assignments have been carried out in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, the Caribbean, the State of Utah, the State of New York, and New Zealand.
Membership in Professional Associations
Ben Lansink is a member in good standing with the following professional organizations.
Expert Witness Experience
The Superior Court of Justice has jurisdiction over criminal, civil, and family cases, and is the largest superior trial court in Canada. The Divisional Court, Small Claims Court, and Family Court are all branches of the Superior Court of Justice.
Environment and Land Tribunals Ontario brings together five Ontario tribunals and boards which adjudicate matters related to land use planning, environmental and heritage protection, property assessment, land valuation and other matters. The land tribunals are the Assessment Review Board, the Board of Negotiation, and the Ontario Municipal Board.
The Federal Court is Canada’s national trial court which hears and decides legal disputes arising in the federal domain, including claims against the Government of Canada, civil suits in federally-regulated areas, and challenges to the decisions of federal tribunals.
Over the years Mr. Lansink has been accepted as an expert witness to assist the Superior Court of Justice, the Land Tribunals, and the Federal Court.